Skip to content
- Son of Samuel Sneed Dutton and Elizabeth Robinson Threadgill.
- Born ca. 1826 in Anson County, North Carolina.
- Died 9 Jun 1891 in Cullman County, Alabama.
- Moved from North Carolina to Alabama ca. 1860/61 — in Morgan County by 1866.
- Married ca. 1860/61 in Walker County, Alabama.
- Christopher Dutton, born ca. 1861 in Alabama — nothing known after 1870.
- Frances Elizabeth Dutton, born 30 May 1866 (tombstone says 1871) in Morgan County, Alabama; died 17 Nov 1921 in Ohatchie, Calhoun County, Alabama; married Dewitt F. Jackson.
- Lee Ann Dutton, born Jun 1867 in Morgan County, Alabama, died between 1900 and 1910 in Moulton, Lawrence County, Alabama. Was the mother of Reeder Callis Dutton.
- James Postell Dutton, born 18 Nov 1872 in Alabama, died 23 Jun 1946 in Anniston, Calhoun County, Alabama; listed on 1900 census of Cullman County, Alabama, boarding with James W. Bryant family. He states that his father was born in North Carolina, and that his mother was born in Alabama. Considering the rarity in these parts of native Carolinian Duttons, Alexander F. appears to be a likely candidate to be this man’s father, overlooking the fact that if this is correct, he didn’t know where his mother was born. Moved to Calhoun County, Alabama and married ca. 1908 Lillie _______; does not again state (in 1910 or 1920) that his father was born in North Carolina. In 1930, he admits that he doesn’t know where his parents were born.
- Susan S. Dutton, born 25 Feb 1875 in Alabama, died 28 Jan 1947 in Cullman, Cullman County, Alabama; married ca. 1902 to Charles A. Snow.