[Fwd: ZDUTTON – Maryland Duttons and Penns]

From: Sue Dutton Rodgers <oldolls@ipa.net>
Subject: [Fwd: ZDUTTON – Maryland Duttons and Penns]
Date: 1998-08-16 16:16:13
--------------1EB9C7C609B95D756B53AB6A

Eula:  You asked me to resend the information I forwarded from Thomas
Thompson and I'm going to send it again to the group because I may have
screwed it up, I know the first time I forgot to send it as a forward!!
Here it is,....  What it tells me, unfortunately, is that Joseph's
theory (and I shared that theory) that Zachariah is Gerrard's son
appears not to be the case.  As this is a court proceeding appointing
Gerrard's daughter, Mary, as guardian for three minor children of
Gerrard's, Thomas age 20; James, age 18 and Matilda age 14.  This
hearing took place December 1792   This places birth years of Thomas at
abt 1772; James at abt 1774 and Matilda abt 1778.

I have Gerrard's birth year abt 1732 and Zachariah's abt 1750.  He could
still be Zachariah's daddy, but that leaves an 18-20 year gap between
Zachariah and these known children of Gerrard's.  There must be
information we are missing about Gerrard as he'd have been 39-45 when
these children were born.  It seems likely that he could've had a family
before this one or something.

I would sure appreciate feedback from the group on this!!  Susie

Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:10:09 -0700
From: T Thompson <thompson-3@worldnet.att.net>
To: oldolls@ipa.net
Subject: Re: ZDUTTON - Maryland Duttons and Penns

Dear Susie,
As quoted from the Family History Center Salt Lake.

December 1792. "Thomas Dutton, a minor 20 years of age; James, a minor
about 18 years of age and Matilda Dutton, a minor 14 years of age
request th court to appoint Mary Dutton, sister as guardian of the three
minors."
(The two daughters of Gerrard Dutton)

Please post this to the ZDutton group, hope it helps.

Thomas Thompson,
of James, James, Gerrard, Mathew, Thomas

Leave a Reply