CONFUSED!CONFUSED!CONFUSED!

From: billmims <billmims@network-one.com>
Subject: CONFUSED!CONFUSED!CONFUSED!
Date: 1998-08-22 12:10:10
Hey Everyone!  I'm still here, Susie.  I've just been too busy to read
my e=mail for about 3 days.  Your theory sounds logical to me, but for
some reason something is nagging at the back of my mind , can't quite
put my finger on it.  Anyway, I'm going to scour my old notes and some
info that I did not put in computer.

What I'm confused about is who the Aaron Dutton, buried in Itawamba
County is.  Is the the Jefferson county A. Dutton or a son?  What? The
headstone is the lone one that still still stands in a small cemetery
,overlooking the Tombigee River in the Van Buren community .  States
tthat he died in 1842, if my memory serves me correctly.

For those who wanted to know the children of  Thomas Dutton (b. approx.
1830) and Mary Catherine Bates, this is what I have.:  From 1850 census
Thomas is Itawamba Co., Alone living in the Van Buren community.
In 1860 the census lists Thomas and mary with two children:  Walter age
4 , born in MS and Alma, age 1, born in MS.,  Laura was born in Nov.
1864, so she does not appear on the census.  The 1880 census of
mcCulloch Co., TX lists the following children,  the spelling is most
likely that of the census taker.  Albert, Florence(both are listed as
age 10-twins?), Clawdy, Pursey and William, born in 1876.
Maybe these names can help someone out there make a connection.   I have
some info comming to me that might help, will let eveyone know what I
find out.  Sonya

Leave a Reply