Re: Confused

From: billmims <billmims@network-one.com>
Subject: Re: Confused
Date: 1998-08-22 15:37:38
Sue Dutton Rodgers wrote:

> The only Aaron Dutton I have in my files besides the Aaron Dutton b.
> 1785 in Pa, resided in Jefferson County, is a son of Samuel Dutton who
> resided 1820 in Lawrence Co.  Samuel's son Aaron was b. abt 1817, and if
> he died in 1842 he would only have been 25 years old.

Joe and I discussed this before this list was formed and he feels that this
date is probably incorrect but I can't remember and can't find the date he
proposed in my files.

> Samuel naming a son Aaron suggests a link to the elder Aaron in
> Jefferson Co, but still circumstantial whether they were related.  The
> Aaron buried in Itawamba Co MS in 1842 could not have been the elder
> Aaron because he is reported on the 1850 census for Jefferson Co. Al.
>
> Sonja, I go round and round with this thing of your Thomas b. abt 1830.
> Assuming that the Aaron buried in 1842 in Miss. is the son of Samuel as
> mentioned above, AND the fact that your Thomas is married in Itawamba
> Co. tends to link (Sonya's) Thomas to the Samuel Dutton family of
> Lawrence Co.  On the other hand, some descendants of Zachariah's went to
> Itawamba Co also.
>
> That Thomas is living alone on the 1850 census for Itawamba Co. is
> unusual.  He'd have been barely 20 years old!  Something took him to
> that area.  Were there any other Duttons on that census???  We do know
> there was a female Dutton, Mary, dau of Gerrard and Charity, m. to John
> Brown, who was probably there by that time.
> Joe and I have discussed this too.  My dates for Thomas range from 1826 to
> 1830.The most common date, because it is taken from his tombstone is
> 1830.  He indeed was alone, at least as far as the census goes.  The
> Browns are not on the census.

To confuse things even more, there is another Thomas Dutton buried in Mt.
Gilead Cemetery in Itawamba Co., but there are no dates on his headstone.
Sonya

> Susie

Leave a Reply