Dates on Margarette Elizabeth Dutton Hughes

From: "Crystal R. Brazzel" <jcarey@texhoma.net>
Subject: Dates on Margarette Elizabeth Dutton Hughes
Date: 1998-07-02 12:34:21
Joseph,
  I have dates on Margarette Elizabeth Dutton Hughes as 12-21-1840 to
7-1-1908.  She is buried at Cottondale Cemetery (near Bridgeport) in Wise
County Tx, along with husband George Hughes and a son John who died at age
20 of "the fever."  I sent (requested) my dad drop by that cemetery about a
month ago. I had been there but was unable to locate the graves.  He walked
right to them (of course) and stated there was "other family" buried there
also. (Side note: A member of the Dalton gang is buried next to them). The
3 Hughes mentioned above are the only Hughes listed in the cemetery
records.  When I go to photograph the stones (I will, it is about 100 miles
>from me) I will check. Maybe there are some Duttons there?  Or perhaps
Hughes daughters, by married names I am unfamiliar with. Also, I have a
photo of Margarette and husband - are we interested in sharing these?  I am
pretty stupid, but both of my daughters have scanners (Hey, I can type), so
I am sure I could get someone to send it for me.
Janice
Did I ever mention there is a Dutton Rd near Bowie Tx?  Just north of Wise
County.  George and Margrette lived near Bowie for a short time in 1890s.
The Dutton Rd is between (very small) communities of Ringgold and Stoneburg
Tx - within 20 miles of Red River (Oklahoma border).

Leave a Reply