Research Work

From: MAKinsley@aol.com
Subject: Research Work
Date: 1999-05-18 16:58:52
Hi Dutton Gang:

This message was sent to Wildwudy, but I had my addresses all messed up so
sorry Woody about the repeat.

While at the Ft. Worth Archives this week,, I ran across this information
which is probably nothing new to any of you, but thought I would pass it on.

1870 Lawrence County Alabama (Danville Post Office) dated 22 August 1870

Dwelling 15

Edmund Dutton 76 M Farmer 1,000 land -Maryland
Margaret Dutton 65 Female Keep House, Kentucky
William Dutton 46 Male Farmer Alabama
George Dutton 21 M Farmer Hand Alabama
Mary Dutton 20 Female keep house Alabama

Lawrence County 1870 Census 14 August 1870 Post Office Oakville

Dutton, Alex Male Farmer 600 land Alabama

down from this list
Martha Dutton 22 Female Keep house
William Dutton 18 male farmer
Joseph Dutton 15 m Famer
Margaret Dutton 7 Female
Francis Dutton 7 Female ( Must be twins)
Martha 2 Female

While at the Ft Worth Archives, there was a little excitement. Drug and
Tabacco Officer with their dogs were all over the place. Don't know if this
was a training exercise or what. When we left the archives, police, drug
inforcement officers and dogs were all over the place. What a day to research.

Margaret

Leave a Reply