Re: James Dutton 1860

From: dcole@tech-line.com (Darlene Cole)
Subject: Re: James Dutton 1860
Date: 1999-06-29 23:10:56
Hello all you Dutton researchers:

Since Joseph has been kind enough to draw us pictures regarding James, b.
1808, I thought I would add something I found, referring to this same man.

I listed the Levi Dutton family on a message board on Ancestry Com, not
knowing there was no way to retrieve a person's e-mail address.  Have since
that time wrote and asked if they would give people a choice of whether they
wanted to show their address and they are thinking about it.  In the
meantime I wonder if anyone has been in touch with this young lady.

Posted by: TERESA COLLINSWORTH
Subject: DUTTON SURNAME
Message:
MY GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS ZACHARIAH DUTTON WHO ENLISTED IN COMPANY L.
28TH ALABAMA INFANTRY REGIMENT ON OCTOBER 1, 1863 IN JASPER,ALABAMA UNDER
CAPTAIN MUSGROVE - HE DIED WHILE SERVING IN THE WAR WHEN MY GREAT
GRANDFATHER WAS ONLY 3 YEARS OLD, AND WAS BURIED IN COVINGTON, GA. MY GREAT
GRANDFATHER WAS SIMEON DUTTON WHO DIED WHILE MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS
PREGNANT WITH MY GRANDFATHER LUTHER DUTTON. MY DAD WAS NORMAN DUTTON, OLDEST
SON OF LUTHER DUTTON. MY DAD WAS KILLED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT WHEN I WAS
ONLY 2 YEARS OLD SO I DO NOT KNOW ALOT ABOUT MY ANCESTRY ON MY FATHER'S SIDE
EXCEPT WHAT I HAVE LEARNED FROM MY AUNT.MY GREAT GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS A
RUSHINGS, MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS A STEWART, AND MY GRANDMOTHER A BAILEY.
DOES ANYONE OUT THERE CONNECT TO ANY OF THESE PEOPLE?

I went back and put my e-mail address in a reply to this message over a week
ago, but haven't heard from her yet.
ALSO:
Does anyone have a copy of the letter Freema Dutton wrote in 1975, where she
said that James in Walker Co AL was a first cousin to her grandfather,
Zachariah, son of Jarratt & Charity.  I do, and can type it in e-mail or
have copies made for any that wants one & snail mail it.  I'm also getting a
scanner pretty soon and could send it out that way if I get it before you go
to rootsweb.  Hello Dale, its been a few years, but you wrote to me once.
Darlene

Leave a Reply