ZDUTTON: Results for Martha Jane and Stephen Penn

From: Wildwudy@aol.com
Subject: ZDUTTON: Results for Martha Jane and Stephen Penn
Date: 1999-07-13 00:07:53
--part1_66f6ad51.24bc1599_boundary

Hi Joseph,
    Betty and I received results from OK Vital Stats.  Found zip on Stephen
Penn Dutton, and Martha Jane (Hampton) Dutton's death certificate is attached
as a JPG file.

EXCERPTS FROM MARTHA JANE CERTIFICATE:
--------------------------
PLACE OF DEATH:  Crescent, Logan County, OK (Straight north of Oklahoma City,
just north of Guthrie)
WIDOWED.
PLACE OF BURIAL:  Marietta, Love County, OK (On I-35 just above Texas border)
DATE OF BIRTH:  April 10, 1842
BIRTHPLACE:  AL
NAME OF FATHER:  Wade Hampton (Hamptor/Hamptac?)
BIRTHPLACE OF FATHER:  KY
MAIDEN NAME OF MOTHER: ?
BIRTHPLACE OF MOTHER: ?
INFORMANT:  T. Dutton, Crescent, OK

Betty and I tried to search all of OK for Stephen Penn, but were limited to
one county and a ten year span for death.  You had found him living in TX in
a 1910 census, with a possibility of moving to OK.  So we stated 1911 to 1921
and Love County.  They searched 1908 to 1921 as a "freebie", but found
nothing.  (OK became a state in 1907).

Sometime later Betty and I can go to the OK Historical Society and see if
there is a newspaper obit for Martha Jane.

Woody and Betty (Dutton) Woodworth
Midwest City, OK

--part1_66f6ad51.24bc1599_boundary

Leave a Reply