ODDS AND ENDS AND RELATIONSHIPS:

From: ECol91234@aol.com
Subject: ODDS AND ENDS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Date: 1999-07-25 01:59:52
DEAR DARLENE:
    I AM SENDING YOU THE MESSAGE THAT I SENT ONE OF THE IRWIN GROUP, CLIFF
VIEIRA, AND HIS REPLY.  EARLIER,   HE SENT ME AN ARTICLE FROM A CHEROKEE
COUNTY BOOK WITH AN IRWIN FAMILY.  I THOUGHT PERHAPS THAT BOOK MIGHT HAVE
SOMETHING ON YOUR FAMILY THAT WOULD GIVE YOU SOME CLUES.  HE IS ALWAYS GREAT
ABOUT SHARING INFORMATION AND MAKES LOTS OF TRIPS TO THE LIBRARY AT TEMPLE,
TEXAS, WHICH HAS COPIES OF THE HERITAGE OF WALKER CO. BOOK ALREADY SO IT MUST
STOCK LOTS OF GENEALOGY RELATED MATERIALS.  A KEETON CONTACT OF MINE LAST
YEAR SENT SOME ARTICLES FROM ANOTHER BOOK WITH SOME KEETON AND SIDES FAMILY
ARTICLES.  I AM TRYING TO LOCATE THOSE ARTICLES TO SEE WHAT BOOK THEY WERE
FROM AS THEY WERE VERY DETAILED ABOUT FAMJILY ANESTORS AND DESCENDANTS OF THE
FAMILIES THAT HE SENT, I THINK IT WAS ALSO FROM CHEROKEE CO. TX, BUT AM NOT
SURE..  SO IF THERE WERE DUTTONS THERE AT THAT TIME THAT MIGHT BE ANOTHER
GOOD SOURCE FOR LEADS.  CLIFF HAD A QUESTION ABOUT NANCY ALLEN DUTTON'S
FAMILY THAT YOU WOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I,

    I HAVE NOT HAD THE TIME TO CONTACT TRACY DUTTON SINCE OUR EXCHANGE OF
INFORMATION ON HIS ALVIN H. DUTTON FAMILY, SON OF GEO. W. DUTTON, GRANDSON OF
JAMES AND MARY IRWIN DUTTON).   I THINK HE MUST BE THE ONE YOU REFERRED TO IN
YOU LAST E-MAIL DARLENE.   I BELIEVE I CONTACTED HIM AFTER JAMES DUTTON IN NC
SENT A MESSAGE THAT A WALKER CO. DUTTON WAS LOOKING FOR INFO ON HIS FAMILY.
I DID NOT REALIZE THAT HIS WIFE WAS A PARRISH.  I KNOW THERE ARE PARRISHES IN
WALKER CO.  AS A MATTER OF FACT THERE IS AN AREA OF THE COUNTY KNOWN AS
PARRISH, AND SINCE ALL THE RECENT TALK OF PARRISHES WITHIN THE DUTTON GROUP,
I HAD JUST BEGUN TO WONDER IF SOME OF THEM MIGRATED TO WALKER CO. TOO .

TRACY:  PERHAPS YOU  WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR ZDUTTON GROUP.   GIVE US A
RESPONSE AND WE WILL BE GLAD TO WELCOME YOU.

JOSEPH AND CLIFF:   JUST TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING.

    AS SOON AS I CAN, I WILL ALSO TRY TO CONTACT DAVID PRICE.  MY LIFE HAS
BEEN MORE THAN A LITTLE CRAZY RECENTLY.  MY HUSBAND HAD A HEART CATH ON
FRIDAY, THE 7TH APPOINTMENT TO DOCTORS, CARDIOLOGISTS, LABS AND MORE LABS IN
THE PAST 4 WEEKS.  THE FIRST BATTERY OF TESTS HAD GIVEN INDICATION THAT HE
HAD A BLOCKAGE.  HOWEVER, HE WAS ONE OF THE LUCKY 4% WHO GET A FALSE POSITIVE
TO THAT TEST AND THE HEART CATH SHOWED THAT HIS HEART WAS IN GREAT SHAPE.  SO
GUESS THE CHEST PAINS MUST BE SOMETHING ELSE, AND THEY HAVE STOPPED NOW AS
LUCK WOULD HAVE IT.  WE HAVE A BIG FAMILY GATHERING COMING UP THIS NEXT
WEEK-END THAT I AM HAVING TO MAKE PLANS FOR AND MY 8 YEAR OLD GRANDDAU. WILL
BE SPENDING HER ANNUAL WEEK WITH US IN THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST SO I AM NOT
REALLY KEEPING UP THESE DAYS.

COPY OF E-MAIL EXCHANGE WITH CLIFF;

Date:   Sunday, July 18, 1999 1:41:14 AM
From:   ECol91234
Subj:   Cherokee Co. TX Duttons
To:     crwsv@sprintmail.com

Dear Cliff,
    I am corresponding with Darlene Cole (dcole@tech-line.com) and we are
exchanging information about the family of her direct Dutton line, which is
Levi Dutton, son of Jarrett and Charity (McDaniel) Dutton.  Levi was the
brother of the Zachariah Dutton killed in the Civil War that was the subject
of one of the stories I send on e-mail.
    Anyway, Jarrett's children went several directions because it appears
they were orphaned before 1840 and taken in by various relatives.  Zachariah
stayed in AL and ended up at age 30 on the census of James and Mary Irwin
Dutton's household shortly before he married.  Mary Dutton married John B.
Brown in Walker Co. and they moved to Itawamba Co. MS, William married
someone named Martha in Walker Co. about 1853 and nothing is known of him
after 1860.  Levi was the third child and married  Nancy Allen in Rusk,
Cherokee Co. TX in 1851 and had children named Mary E., Martha J., Frances
A., William, Catherine Marzie, Alfred, Amanda, Leticia, Calvin, and Robert,
all born in Cherokee Co. TX.
    Why am I telling you all of this????   Well, Darlene said she had
searched for years and never have found any record of any of the children
except Catherine Marzie who married James Cole, Jr. whose grandson married
Darlene.  Since you sent the article about Robert Foster Irwin from a
Cherokee Co. history book, and someone in the Keeton line sent me articles of
some of the Keetons and Duttons who migrated there from another county book
(I think it was Cherokee Co. TX).  The other book was called The Bullard
Community 1800-1977 (I think those dates are right).  The library at Temple
seems to have a lot of books of county histories.  I wondered if next time
you go to there, you might check and see if you found any of these Duttons or
the Cole family which might give the names of who some of the daughters of
Levi married, or carry some other descendants' information.  The Bullard
Community book and the one you copied from for Robert F. Irwin seemed to
carry lots of decendants lists.
    Whenever it is convenient, I would appreciate it.  We are at a dead end
with that family.           Thanks,  Eula

------------------------------
Date:   Sunday, July 18, 1999 6:13:32 PM
From:   crwsv@sprintmail.com
Subj:    Dutton
To:     ECol91234@aol.com, dcole@tech-line.com

Eula,
    I'll see what I can find on the Duttons in Cherokee Co., TX., the next
time we go to the Temple or Texas State library.  The State library also has
info on Cherokee Co..  Willie has some of her Halbert and Higgins branch
lines in Cherokee county.  These lines came from Limestone Co., AL.
    Did Nancy Allen Dutton's family move to Cherokee Co., from Walker Co.,
AL??  There was a Francis and James Allen living near our families during the
1840 Walker Co., census.
        Cliff

Leave a Reply