Re: Some Dutton Questions

From: DuttonNC@aol.com
Subject: Re: Some Dutton Questions
Date: 1999-08-15 16:29:51
I believe that this Howell Dutton is really Howell Parrish whom was Z.
Dutton's step-son.  From all of the gleanings of records tha I can find in
Granville there is no Howell Dutton.  Judith Parrish (wife of Claiborne
Parrish-deceased-) when she married Z. dutton had three sons: Humphry, Woody.
and Joseph.  As a partial connection to the Sneed family I have some
information that a william Sneed listed in a deed as buying land from
Zachariah Dutton, His wife Judith Parrish, and a Howel Briggs.
LJust who this Howel Briggs is I don't know but I believe that somewhere
along the line that Dutton was confused with Briggs.  I'll look further into
this and will bring it back to the family at a later date.  I'm wondering if
Judith may have been related to this Howel Briggs.

The South will rise again

Copusin James

Leave a Reply