Re: Dates on Margarette Elizabeth Dutton Hughes

From: "Crystal R. Brazzel" <jcarey@texhoma.net>
Subject: Re: Dates on Margarette Elizabeth Dutton Hughes
Date: 1998-07-04 11:14:22
I've got dates on the Hughes bunch if you want that info.  George S. Hughes
11-18-1838 to 1-25-1932.  You have all the children, here are their dates
(if you want them):
Willie Edna Hughes Roper  9-20-1876 to 9-4-1971 (buried Duncan Ok) *I seem
to always list my own ancestor first*****
Edmond Albert 11-1-1867 to 12-18-1945 (buried Newlin Tx) m. Mary Jane Moore
George Luther 5-1-1869 to 8-9-1946 (never married)
John L 1-15-1871 to 4-11-1892 (buried with his parents)
Malissie Frances 5-29-1873 to 8-8-1957 (I have "Malissie" from a family
history, unknown author) buried Duncan Ok   m. Frank Martin
Mary Emily 2-12-1884 to 12-19-1951m John Warren
George, Margarette & family relocated to Giles Co Tn , I think abt 1886.
They were in Granbury Tx (Hood Co) 1887, Springtown Tx (prob Parker County,
n of Ft Worth Tx) in 1892, after that mostly in Wise County, but apparently
dropped down into Montague County (near Bowie) in the 1890s, then back up
to Wise County.
Within the last year I received a query/answered a query? (I can't
remember) from a Dutton researcher who had Duttons (NOT FROM AL) who
migrated with the Hughes. They did not know the familial connection with
Hughes.  I responded and passed along Yours and Katie Parks email
addresses.  I have been searching through my archived messages and don't
know who that was from.  Any idea?  Did you ever hear from them?  Have you
talked to Katie Parks lately?  I haven't.
Regards,
Janice

----------
> From: Richardson <richardson-decatur-al@worldnet.att.net>
> To: [old-list]
> Subject: Re: Dates on Margarette Elizabeth Dutton Hughes
> Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 9:26 PM
>
> At 11:34 AM 7/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >Joseph,
> >  I have dates on Margarette Elizabeth Dutton Hughes as 12-21-1840 to
> >7-1-1908.  She is buried at Cottondale Cemetery (near Bridgeport) in
Wise
> >County Tx, along with husband George Hughes and a son John who died at
age
> >20 of "the fever."  I sent (requested) my dad drop by that cemetery
about a
> >month ago. I had been there but was unable to locate the graves.  He
walked
> >right to them (of course) and stated there was "other family" buried
there
> >also. (Side note: A member of the Dalton gang is buried next to them).
The
> >3 Hughes mentioned above are the only Hughes listed in the cemetery
> >records.  When I go to photograph the stones (I will, it is about 100
miles
> >from me) I will check. Maybe there are some Duttons there?  Or perhaps
> >Hughes daughters, by married names I am unfamiliar with. Also, I have a
> >photo of Margarette and husband - are we interested in sharing these?  I
am
> >pretty stupid, but both of my daughters have scanners (Hey, I can type),
so
> >I am sure I could get someone to send it for me.
> >Janice
> >Did I ever mention there is a Dutton Rd near Bowie Tx?  Just north of
Wise
> >County.  George and Margrette lived near Bowie for a short time in
1890s.
> >The Dutton Rd is between (very small) communities of Ringgold and
Stoneburg
> >Tx - within 20 miles of Red River (Oklahoma border).
>

> Janice,
>
> Wow! Thanks for the dates. Do you have dates on George as well? Also, I
> have listed 5 children in 1880; I don't know if there were more or not:
> Edmund Albert, George L., John A. (who died of "the fever"), Malissa(?)
or
> Malinda(?) (can you clear this up?), and your Willie Edna.
>
> I looked for your Hughes on the 1900 census in the same area of Wise
County
> as the other Duttons, but I couldn't find them. I'll have to look on the
> soundex.
>
> I believe that Margaret and George Hughes went to Texas with some of her
> siblings. I know that Betty's Stephen Penn Dutton went with them, and
also
> their brother Alexander D. Dutton went. There were probably others with
> them as well. I wonder if some of the others are buried in the cemetery
> with the Hughes? I would really appreciate it if you would look.
>
> It looks like the folks left Alabama right after the 1880 census, and
> probably stopped in Arkansas on the way--maybe for a few years. Stephen
> Penn Dutton's youngest child Mary L. Dutton--the only one by his second
> wife--was born in Arkansas ca. 1818. They were in Texas by 1890, probably
> earlier. Does anyone know any exact dates?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Love,
> Cousin Joseph

Leave a Reply